Sunday, January 29, 2012
Saltzman Sees...Top 10 Sports Movies of All-Time
1. Field of Dreams: A love story between a father and son and their love for the game of baseball. One of the most beautiful stories ever on screen.
2. Hoosiers: The greatest underdog story in movie history, with incredible performances by Gene Hackman, Dennis Hopper, and the small town of "Hickory."
3. Rudy: Underdog stories are a common theme in sports, and Rudy is as inspirational as they come of a young boy living his life long dream.
4. Remember the Titans: The hard truths of racism in America during the 1960's is documented brilliantly through the eyes of two men coaching football in Virginia. Denzel Washington is coach Herman Boone.
5. Rocky: Sylvester Stallone, Talia Shire, Burgess Meredith, Burt Young and Carl Weathers are magnificent in a true tale of opportunity in America. A beautiful love story that proves the American Dream is still possible.
7. Brian's Song: One of the most unlikely but truly great friendships ever immortalized on film. James Caan and Billie Dee Williams are terrific as Brian Piccolo and Gale Sayers.
8. Million Dollar Baby: A story of determination and love that captures the human spirit. Clint Eastwood's heartfelt story of a woman's dedication to make something of herself.
9. Radio: The true story of a young man who brought out the best in everyone he ever touched. Cuba Gooding Jr., Ed Harris, Alfre Woodard and Debra Winger are masterful telling the tale of 'Radio."
10. Seabiscuit: Jeff Bridges, Tobey Maguire and Chris Cooper learn about hope during one of the darkest times in our nation's history. During the depression, America fell in love with an undersized, overweight horse.
For more on my love affair with the Cinema, please go to: SaltzmanSees.blogspot.com