San Francisco 49ers: With the Free Agency period under way, things aren't looking so good for the men in Gold.
- Alex Smith was re-signed for $5 million. The 49ers seem to never learn from the previous 6 seasons. Smith will not be a good QB no matter who is calling the plays. You can dress up a turd, but it is still a turd.
- Takeo Spikes, the emotional leader and second best LB on the team is leaving to reunite with departed defensive coordinator Greg Manusky in San Diego. With Harbaugh and his staff comes a great loss to the defense.
- Frank Gore is planning to holdout. Gore has one year left on his contract and wants more money. Running backs tend to wear down as they get older more than any other position, and the most valuable offensive player now plans to miss even more time on the field in the off-season.
- The team also lost center David Baas to the New York Giants.
- The list of 17 include offensive leader Zach Miller, who is team's only reliable threat in the passing game.
- Nnamdi Asomugha, arguably the best cover corner in football is as good as gone in free agency.
- With all of that, the Raiders are well over the new cap.