Friday, April 15, 2011

Saltzman Says...I am a bad political activist

On a day when most of America is either getting good news about their tax refund, or terrible news about what they owe the government, two very important stances are being taken.  In reality, most people don't know about their refund because they are making a mad dash to get it done by Monday at midnight.  However, for those of us who try to get our W-2's in early, we could also fight for some very important causes.


1. Day of Silence - On the National Day of Silence hundreds of thousands of students nationwide take a vow of silence to bring attention to anti-LGBT name-calling, bullying and harassment in their schools.


2. Don't Buy Gas - “In April 1997, there was a 'gas out' conducted nationwide in protest of gas prices. Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight. On April 15, 2011, all drivers are to not go to a gas station in protest of high gas prices. 


Well, today I got gas because I was running low and I forgot about the protest today.  I also have been online and talked at a Board Meeting and in my classes.  I hope bringing awareness on my blog can make up for my complete lack of activism today.  Sorry to everyone who continues to fight for a better, safer world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment