Friday, March 18, 2011

Saltzman Says... Baron Davis needs some love


Baron Davis is one of the greatest Golden State Warriors of the last 30 years. Anyone who followed the Warriors during Baron's time in Oakland knows how much he loved his Grandmother. She passed away last week. Even though he is in Cleveland now, he needs our help to regain his gift. It was a gift that would not be possible without his Grandmother and now he doesn't have her to lean on.

"This is the first time in my life where I can't think and I can't find anything. There's just no depth to the person and character of who I am right now," said Davis.

"I'm at a loss for words right now. I wish i could tell you. I'm kind of numb. I'm kind of here and there. The best way to describe it is numb. It's tough."

Davis' 89-year-old grandmother had been ill for some time. He wanted to be close to her and his family and needed the time away in Los Angeles over this past week. But even when he returns to the game, Davis is reminded of Nicholson.

It's no wonder Davis chose to wear No. 85 with the Cavs. It was his way of paying respect to his late grandparents. Their house was on 85th St. in Los Angeles.

"Every day I just have to use this as an opportunity and let things happen -- let life and the cycle happen. I'm going to head back home and I just have to be strong for my family while I am there, and then head back to Cleveland and have some peace of mind and have some alone time, can sit and reflect and pick up the pieces and start over."


No comments:

Post a Comment