Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Saltzman Says... Don Nelson speaks out now that he's unemployed

Rusty Simmons article at SFGate.com

"I got fired when I asked him to (shoot underhanded)," Nelson said, and there was no follow-up question. Nelson maintained that he had Rick Barry lined up to instruct Biedrins.

"I made the dumbest trade in my history when I traded (Mitch Richmond) for Billy Owens."

"I begged the (ownership) to keep Chris Webber and let me go ... and I could have been in San Antonio and had Tim Duncan."

"I thought we should trade Patrick Ewing and whoever else it took to get Shaq (O'Neal, when Nelson was coach) in New York. The next day, someone told Patrick Ewing, and that was the end of my career there."



Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/03/21/SPCE1IGJT8.DTL#ixzz1HRKuTSLm

No comments:

Post a Comment