Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Saltzman Says...The World Series Trophy is Smaller in Person!!!



Yesterday, I went to Municipal Stadium, home of the back to back California League Champion San Jose Giants, to see the 2010 World Series Trophy first hand.  It was beautiful.  I was fortunate enough to have my picture taken with it alongside the man who taught me the game, my father.  It was one of the most special moments of my life.  I don't mean to overstate it, but it is truly how I feel.  For 30 years, I have loved the Giants, and it started on Fife Way with my Dad.  We have a picture that will last forever, and we have the memory of knowing that no matter what the Giants do, we will always have this championship to remember.

A huge thanks to my brother-in-law Jason for allowing my dad and I access to see the trophy early, and thank you Dad for being a part of this special moment.

2 comments: