Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saltzman Says...and the Oscar Goes to...

...And The Oscar Goes To:


The Academy doesn't always get it right, like when The Shawshank Redemption or Gangs of New York lost.  They get it right sometimes too, like with Slumdog Millionaire, Crash, Braveheart and The Silence of the Lambs.  This year, the Academy made a lot of good choices, but the best movie of the year wasn't eligible for the Oscars.  Temple Grandin was an amazing film and one of the best acting performances in a long time by Claire Danes.  I have made an effort to see as many Oscar nominated movies as I can.  My 2010 nominees
include some of the Academy's favorites.  127 Hours, King's Speech, The Fighter, True Grit, Black Swan, Inception, and Toy Story 3 were all phenomenal films and all are up for Best Picture nods.  I still have not seen The Social Network, which is also a favorite to win the award for Best Picture.  I also haven't seen The Kids are All Right or The Winter's Bone. Here are all the movies I have seen in 2010.

Of what I have seen, I am hoping for the following:

2011 Academy Awards
Best Picture - 127 Hours
Best Director - Danny Boyle (127 Hours)
Best Actor - James Franco (127 Hours)
Best Actress - Natalie Portman (Black Swan)
Best Supporting Actor - Christian Bale (The Fighter)
Best Supporting Actress - Hailee Steinfeld (True Grit)
Best Animated Feature - Toy Story 3
Best Adapted Screenplay - 127 Hours
Best Original Screenplay - The King's Speech

My Official Movie Page

My Academy Awards from 1984-2010

My Top Ten Lists from 1984-2010

No comments:

Post a Comment